Improve the Efficiency of Your Home Heating System to Reduce Heating Costs
Image Credit: unsplash.com
Did you know heating your home uses more energy and costs more money than any other system in your home, typically making up about 42% of your utility bill? But, by properly maintaining and upgrading your heating system, you can save more money and increase your comfort. According to the recent research reports, “By combining proper equipment maintenance and upgrades with recommended insulation, air sealing, and thermostat settings, you can save about 30% on your energy bill while reducing environmental emissions.”
The Importance of Heating System Maintenance
Getting an annual heating system inspection by a HVAC specialist will ensure that your heating system is in proper working condition.
Heating System Maintenance – Checklist
If you are geared up for heating system maintenance, you must check the following items.
Did you know a faulty thermostat can lead to inefficiencies in your heating system and raise your heating costs? So, check the thermostat to make sure that your heating system keeps you comfortable and works efficiently.
Check for any leaks as they can become the primary source for high heating costs and health hazard.
Inspect and clean blower assembly to ensure that the heating system is in proper working condition. The heating system includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor.
Other Important Tips
- Inspect and clean evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines
- Inspect ignitions systems and safety controls
- Inspect flue system – this needs to be properly attached to the furnace. Check for signs of corrosion and replace if necessary.
- Clean or replace air filters
- Make sure that your home is properly insulated
- Check for leaks in attics, crawlspaces, and basements
- Properly seal the windows and doors
- Check caulking around windows, foundation, and any ports of entry for plumbing pipes, exhaust pipes, etc
- Select energy-efficient products
A well-insulated house and a well-maintained heating system can reduce the heating bills. Hire us now for regular heating system inspection.