Holiday Plumbing Tips
Holiday Plumbing TipsDecember 22 / 2018
It’s that time of year again! Holiday get togethers, holiday dinners, holiday gifts! With so much going on this time of year, holiday plumbing problems can easily creep up. The truth is, is that the holiday season is one of the busiest times of years for plumbers. All of the extra entertaining can put extra stress on your plumbing, and if there was already an underlying issue, it can create a recipe for disaster. However, don’t fret! Rooter Hero Plumbing is here to the rescue with some holiday plumbing tips. 1- Don’t Treat Your Garbage Disposal Like a Trash Can - When it comes to garbage disposals, the name does NOT say it all. Garbage disposals are not meant to meant to dispose of anything and everything. In fact, the more you watch what goes into the garbage disposal the better. Some items that should never go down the garbage disposal include:
- Grease - It can build up over time once it solidifies, and collect other debris forming major clogs.
- Bones - Can cause damage to the blades and to your plumbing.
- Large Food Particles - Can form major clogs.
- Fibrous Food Peelings - Potato peels, carrot peels, and corn husks for example, can cause clogs.
- Expandable Food - Pasta and excess batter that can copulate with grease and other debris, forming clogs.