How to Purchase a Tankless Water Heater
How to Purchase a Tankless Water HeaterOctober 28 / 2015
Selecting the best tankless water heater for your home requires thorough research and planning. It’s not a decision you should make hastily, even if you are in a rush to replace your current appliance. There are several factors to consider if you want to select a unit that provides convenient service for your home without sacrificing efficiency.
Tankless vs. Conventional HeatersThere are many reasons for homeowners to choose a tankless system over a conventional one, but that doesn’t mean they are always the best option. Before you start looking through appliances from various manufacturers, you should carefully evaluate your situation to make sure a tankless heater is the right choice for you. Tankless systems offer several important benefits to homeowners, including:
- Running off electricity and gas, which are widely available
- On-demand heating prevents energy waste
- Smaller size makes placement easier, can install above the ground
- Difficulty keeping up with high demand, especially in large households
- Relatively high initial cost
- Requires nearby ventilation
Considerations When Choosing a Tankless Water HeaterTo accurately gauge your expected water use, you can estimate daily consumption in gallons based on how often you use appliances, sinks, and showers. Look up the typical flow rate for your appliances and fixtures, and compare them to the output of your tankless heater options. You can also contact a local professional plumber to help evaluate your expected needs.
- Installation and Fuel Costs
- Efficiency and Convenience