Top California Plumbing Company Provides Great Maintenance Tips
Top California Plumbing Company Provides Great Maintenance TipsAugust 14 / 2019
Did you know plumbing makes up 15% of your total home value? Improving your home’s plumbing system can save you more money and provide you with more peace of mind. An efficient and smoothly operating plumbing system allows you to have continuous access to clean, fresh water.
Benefits of Well-maintained Plumbing SystemA properly maintained and functioning plumbing system have the following benefits:
- Continuous access to clean and fresh water
- Convenience to modern living
- Modern plumbing system can help people in times of water shortages and drought
- Installing water-saving devices can increase water efficiency and increases your home’s energy savings
Importance of Plumbing MaintenanceRegular plumbing maintenance is essential to regulate the clean water flowing in and flushing out wastewater. But, most people ignore plumbing maintenance until a problem arises. Regular plumbing maintenance helps you to identify the small plumbing issues before it turns into a complex problem. It also helps you to conserve water and save more on your energy bills. You can easily deny a dripping faucet but do you know it only takes 4,000 drips to waste one liter of water? So, plumbing maintenance means periodically checking for small leaks and performing some seasonal plumbing maintenance to catch problems and repair them as soon as possible. So, here we’ve listed a few plumbing maintenance tips to improve your home’s plumbing system.
Fix Leaky FaucetsLeaky faucets and showerheads are always a nuisance and cost more money on your water bills. You can quickly fix these problems by replacing the rubber washer in these items.
Clear DebrisThe build-up of debris in your pipes could make water to take a long time to drain down the sink. Dirt, dust, and grime can cause severe damage to your plumbing system. Hire a plumber to unclog the pipes and drains.
Minimize Tap Water TimeTurn off the faucet when not in use. This will save you more money and improve water efficiency in your home. Wash all your dishes at once rather than leaving the tap running.
Daily Plumbing Tips
- Don’t put fibrous or stringy food wastes down the disposal.
- Run the dishwasher at night to conserve hot water and maintain good water pressure throughout the day.
- Reduce the use of bath oils and install a screen over drains to prevent hair from going down the drain.
- Don’t flush tampons or wipes down the toilet.
- Don’t use chemical clog removal products as these products can corrode your pipes.