The Difference Between Snaking And Hydro Jetting
The Difference Between Snaking And Hydro JettingMarch 12 / 2020
When it comes to professional drain cleaning, there are two tried and true methods that work really well at clearing clogs; snaking and hydro jetting. But what is the difference between the two? And what method is right for your drains? The method used to clean your drains will depend on the severity of the clog. Read on to learn more.
The Plumbers SnakeThe plumbers snake is also known as an auger. It is a long cable with a hook or coil at the end of it. It is fed down the drain until it reaches the obstruction, once it reaches the clog it is cranked until it breaks through the clog. A plumbers snake is a good option to clear minor clogs. Some benefits of using a plumbers snake are:
- It's effective if a plunger has been tried to no avail.
- It is easy on your pipes.
- Can help identify more serious plumbing problems
- Is readily available at any hardware store.
Hydro JettingHydro jetting is another tool plumbers use to clear clogs. When all else fails, hydro jetting is very effective. Hydro jetting employs the use of highly pressurized water that removes everything in its path. This method can restore your plumbing pipes to their original glory, leaving the walls of your pipes squeaky clean. Some key things about hydro jetting:
- It is versatile, this method is suitable for various types of pipes.
- It is quick and effective.
- The highly pressurized water can break through nearly everything, including tree roots and stubborn grease clogs.