What is Slab Leak and How Is It Caused?
What is Slab Leak and How Is It Caused?October 24 / 2019
Having a broken drain pipe under slab flooring is one of the worst scenarios for every house owner. A slab leak is caused when there is a break or crack in the sewer pipeline running underneath the slab. Through this leak, the wastewater seeps into the ground and causes unexpected damages. So, it’s essential to get a sewer repair in San Jose CA whenever you come across slab leaks.
How to Determine a Slab Leak?
Expert Slab Leak Detection Tips from the ProfessionalsA slab leak is difficult to diagnose and analyze in its beginning stage and can also show other signs of plumbing issues. Here are a few warning signs of slab leaks that help you to identify the issue before it turns into havoc.
- One of the first signs of a slab leak is a warm or wet spot on the concrete floor. Some hot spots or small pools of water can occur if warm water is leaking from a pipe under your slab.
- You can find out a slab leak when you hear sounds of leaking or running water under or around your slab, and there is no faucet is on.
- You possibly may have a slab leak if you notice the growth of mold or mildew on carpet, rugs, or other furnishings that sit on a concrete slab. The reason is water reaches these furnishings because your home’s foundation above the leak has become saturated with moisture, causing mold and mildew to form.
- When you notice cracks in your foundation either or floors or walls, you have a slab leak that affects the structural integrity of your home.
- An unusually high water bill is also a clear indicator of the presence of slab leaks in your home.